Be Aware of Phone Fraud Attempts
MECU has become aware of account takeover schemes that employ phone calls to cardholders claiming to be from fraud alert contact centers.
- Please monitor your accounts, such as your checking account, savings account, and credit card.
- Diligence and account monitoring is the first line of defense when it comes to stopping fraud.
- You should never be asked for, or provide, full Social Security numbers, PINs, or One-time passcodes (OTP).
- You should never respond NOT FRAUD to fraud alerts, such as text messages, on activity you did not perform, regardless of who instructs you to do so.
Enroll in SecurLOCK for your debit cards.
- Turn your cards off and on, control where your cards can be used, and receive instant alerts.
- SecurLOCK Equip is an easy-to-use mobile app that puts the power to protect your debit card in your hands.
Simply use the app to turn your card on or off in real time as needed. Or customize your card by setting permissions.
- Download the SecurLOCK Equip from our app store and enroll your card today. It is fast and FREE! Carrier charges may apply
Beware of eMail Fraud Attempts
- MECU will never ask you to click on an email to identify yourself, to enter a user ID or to provide password information.